I started doing this blog to have an outlet for all of the things that pop into my head. It has proved a very rewarding endeavor, not the least because I keep running across folks that are doing some great art, thinking, reporting, etc. Thanks to all of your for being an inspiration to keep on encouraging mindfulness in the age of the electronic Ether.
Today at work I got a note that I had been nominated for this award. Miles Howard over at Drive All Night put me up for it. It is always great to get some love from my brothers & sisters in the Ether. And an added bonus, Miles will be passing through Texas this Summer working on his awesome project, so I owe you a beer buddy.
Many HUGZ & mucho blessings to each and everyone of you! I cannot think a better subject for my 800th public entry.
March 23, 2013: I got this wonderful note from Deo Volente this morning:
Dear Reason & Existenz:
It is my great pleasure to nominate you for the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award”. You have surely earned this recognition, along with my great respect, mainly because of your wonderful writing that has truly inspired many all around the world. Please keep up your excellent work, and thanks for being around in the Blogosphere. You do make the difference.
I really appreciate that someone seconded me for the award. I wish that I could redo everything. I highly encourage my good brothers & sisters of the Ether to check out Deo’s blog which is full of inspirational content.
Now there are a few things I am supposed to do to take full reception of the honor. .
CRITERIA; 1) Display award logo on your blog; 2) Link back to the person who nominated you; 3) State 7 things about yourself; 4) Nominate 15 Bloggers for this award; 5/ Notify those bloggers
1) Done. See above.
2) Done. Hopefully you already sneaked a peek.
3) Seven things about me:
- I was born in Abilene, Tx, and raised in Waxahachie, Tx.
- I converted to Catholicism at 18.
- Tried to become a priest with the Order of St. Augustine, but that went tragically off course, and I ended up disappointing a lot of people in my local parish, some very old friends.
- After spending time in a monk’s cell, I got my ass in a sling and then spent time in a jail cell; struggled for many years with different guilts and experimented with way too many drugs.
- When I got my life back together, I moved to Denton, TX to go to University and met the people who would totally revamp my life. This included becoming the personal assistant/secretary/companion/friend to the founder of the Department of Philosophy & Religion Studies, Richard M. Owsley, who will forever be my great mentor.
- I have been with the love of my life, Christopher, for 9 years on March 23. I just get more old & crotchety and he gets more handsome & loving.
- My favorite series of novels is the original DUNE books by Frank Herbert. I have taught them, talked about them, meditated over them, and dreamed about them. This series guides a lot of what I try to do on this blog.
4) Now to nominate some of the awesome folks who inspire me and probably deserve this honor way more than I do.
- Tracy James Jones
- Independent Scholars
- Jeanette Joy Harris
- Sitting in the Woods
- Andrew J. Taggart
- Shaina Sheaff Photography
- Becoming Integral
- Duct Tape & Bubblegum
- Gen Y Girl
- Advocatemmmohan Aksharaalu
- Evolutionary Landscapes
- Grand Strategy: The View from Oregon
- Gary Schollmeier
- Writing Finger
- Vicky Nanjappa
- Remedies for Health