This are is helping people remember how even our superheroes can come from the humblest beginnings and most tragic origins…
Every story has a beginning. Our past shapes who we are and influences who we become. It’s true whether you’re a regular human or a superhero. Artist Khoa Ho took a look at the origins of heroes such as Batman, Iron Man, Superman, and more. When you look into their past, you see an orphan, a genius, and an alien. They evolved into something bigger, and this beautiful minimalist style art shows the transition perfectly.
Posted by KWB wandering among the borderlands of the Ether.
- Silhouette Splatter Superhero Art (geektyrant.com)
- The Past & Present of Superheroes By Khoa Ho (firewireblog.com)
- Solitary Superheroes Art Series – “A Lonely God” (geektyrant.com)
- Iron Man (Marvel) (feminmission.wordpress.com)
- Superhero Role Models: She-Hulk (jkjones21blog.wordpress.com)
Michael Meade talks/writes about this a lot suggesting that the wound is necessary to find one’s strengths. I love the orphan image!
Just really catches it all up in one cipher.
I agree with Meade here. Very much necessary in the Society of Discipline that the hero have a wound which, in a sense, wakes him/her up to the alienation that would keep many of us from searching for our ownmost self or Existenz.
Very well said and very true in my life as I would imagine it to be for many of us.